- Akal University
Establishment of Akal University, Talwandi Sabo under the leadership of Baba Iqbal Singh Ji Baru Sahib Wale was culmination of what the tenth Guru prophesied about three centuries ago ie teaching and learning from where will emerge great scholars of Sikhism. The mission and vision of the University is not merely to impart literacy but also to provide high quality spiritual value based education leading to holistic development of complete human beings who will propagate the message of Universal brotherhood and philosophy of interfaith wisdom enshrined in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .
The University has started with Undergraduate and Postgraduate Honours courses in basic sciences of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Psychology, Economics and Commerce, and English and Punjabi languages. The University also offer Ph.D programmes in Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, English & Economics.
Mission and Vision
“To establish permanent peace in the world through value based scientific education and spiritual rejuvenation creating good global citizens”
Programs of Akal University
- B.A. (Honours) in SGGS
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Botany
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Zoology
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematics
- B.A. (Honours) in Economics
- B.Com. (Honours) in Commerce
- B.A. (Honours) in English
- B.A. (Honours) in Punjabi
- B.A. (Honours) in Psychology
- 4 year Integrated B.Sc.,B.Ed
- 4 year Integrated B.A.,B.Ed.
- B.C.A. (Hons.)
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Zoology
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. English
- M.A. Punjabi
- M.A. Psychology
- Under graduate: 60% in 10 2 or equivalent exam
- Post-graduate: 60% in graduation or equivalent exam
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and Persons with disability (PWD) category (provided they produce a medical certificate of at least 40% physical disability) shall be allowed relaxation of 5%in the minimum aggregate percentage.
How to apply in Akal University
- Admission Form duly filled in and signed, along with the prescribed documents shall be considered as complete admission form.
- Separate Form should be filled for each course, if applying for more than one course.
- The admission will be on the merit base.
- Only those candidates fulfilling the minimum criteria laid down for admission to the course shall be considered for preparation of merit list and admission.
- Every candidate must indicate in his/ her Admission Form, the reservation category, if applicable, of the seat for which he/she has applied. A certificate as a proof of reserved category issued by competent authority must be attached with the admission form, on or before the last date of submission of admission form. No benefit of reservation will be given if reservation category is not mentioned in the admission form. The candidate will be considered for the general category seat in such cases.
- Complete Admission Form is to be submitted before or by the due date or with late fee by the date mentioned, in person, or through registered post or speed post to the University
- Applications incomplete in any manner or without requisite documents or those received after due date shall not be entertained.
Documents to be attached
- Self-attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth.
- Self-attested copy of Detailed Marks Card of the qualifying examination, or evidence of having appeared in the qualifying examination.
- Character certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal of the school/college last attended.
- Recent passport size self-attested three photographs. Photographs should be pasted with glue on the Form at specified places.
- Self attested photocopy of Addhar Card.
- Reserved category certificate, as per format given in the prospectus, wherever applicable.
- Candidates with a gap of one or more year will have to submit an affidavit to the satisfaction of the Admission Committee that he/ she was not involved in any UMC or questionable activity during the
- gap period.
- Persons with Disability must submit a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned district, which should clearly indicate the extent of disability. Minimum 40% permanent disability is required, to be eligible for admission under this category.
Talwandi Sabo, Distt. Bathinda, Punjab
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact No. : 07087775533, 07087775544,
Website : www.auts.ac.in