Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology
Established on 3rd October, 1989, the ICAR-Central Institute of Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) is a nodal institute that undertakes lead researches in the area of the Post-Harvest Engineering and Technology appropriate to agricultural production catchment and agro-industries.
Creating prosperity through minimization of post harvest losses from 15% to 5% and increase in value addition from present level of 10% to 30% to produce and by-products from crops, horticulture, livestock and fisheries sectors.
Higher profitability of agricultural production systems ensuring better income to farmer sand increased employment opportunities in rural sector through efficient post harvest engineering and technological interventions for loss reduction and value addition to agricultural produce and byproducts resulting in high quality and safe food and feed at competitive prices for domestic and export markets.
- Post harvest technologies for loss reduction.Value addition technologies.
- Technology transfer, entrepreneurship development and marketing.
- By product utilization and Waste managements.
- Improvement of agricultural structures. Biotechnology in PHTS.
- Environment control for higher productivity.
- Livestock produce processing.
Divisions in CIPHET
- Agriculture Structures and Environmental Control
- Food Grains and Oil Seed Processing
- Transfer of Technology
- Horticultural crop Processing
Ludhiana (Punjab) India - 141004
Fax: Email: email@example.com