Conducted by the Panjab University, Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test, PUTHAT 2018 is a common entrance exam that is conducted for the Hotel Management bachelors degree program. It is conducted each year to grant admission of candidates in Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM).
All the students appearing for the PUTHAT 2018 should have passed 10 2 from Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its correspondent education organized by a recognized Board or University or Council. A minimum of 50% marks is compulsory to sit for the examination and those from ST/ SC backgrounds can appear with 45% marks. However, those who had appeared for the higher secondary education exam via the Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not eligible for the same.
PUTHAT 2018 Application Procedure
Once you visit the application page, fill in the needed details like name, email address, exam center, qualification etc and then submit the form by creating a unique login id and password credentials. On completing the form, do take a hard copy of the same along with auto generated Bank slip. This slip will be used to submit fee in any SBI branch of India. Once you submit the fee, then log into the page again and upload scanned copy of recent passport size photograph, signature, and related documents along with fee receipt.
PUTHAT 2018 Admit Card
Online admit cards are released about 2-3 weeks before the notification and you will be informed of the same via email.
PUTHAT 2018 Application Fee
General category candidates should pay Rs 880/ as registration fee and the SC/ ST categories can pay Rs 440/.
PUTHAT 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- Starting date of online application forms availability: March 2018
- Final date for generating PUTHAT 2018 Bank Challan: April 2018
- End date for deposit of examination fee in any branch of SBI: April 2018
- End date for PUTHAT 2018 application form submission: April 2018
- PUTHAT 2018 admit card issued on: April 2018
- PUTHAT 2018 exam date: May 2018
- PUTHAT 2018 result declaration date: May 2018
Exam Pattern PUTHAT 2018
The PUTHAT 2018 will consist of 100 questions of one mark each and you will lave a time duration of 1:30 hours to complete the same. The entire paper will be conducted only in English. For each right answer there is 1 mark and for the wrong answers, you lose 25% marks. The different categories and questions are given below -
- Current Affairs and General Awareness: 20 marks
- English Aptitude: 30 marks
- Hospitality Industry Awareness: 30 marks
- Reasoning Ability: 20 marks
Panjab University, Chandigarh,
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, 91 172 2534818, 2534866