- Niper Mohali
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Mohal
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali or NIPER, SAS Nagar, Mohali was initially registered as a society under the Societies Act in 1998 to nurture and promote pharmaceutical education & research at the Post Graduate level. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance and students are selected for admission through All India Common Admission Test for further studies.
The main objectives of the Institute:
- Nurture and promote quality and excellence in pharmaceutical education & research.
- Toning up the level of pharmaceutical education and research by training the future teachers, research scientists and managers for the industry and profession.
- Creation of National Centers to cater to the needs of the pharmaceutical industry and other research and teaching institutes.
- Collaboration with Indian industry to help it meet global challenges.
- National/International collaborative research.
- Study of sociological aspects of drug use and abuse and rural pharmacy etc.
- Running programmes in drug surveillance, community pharmacy and pharmaceutical management.
Departments in NIPER Mohali
Admission in NIPER Mohali
Every year in June and July NIPER conducts national level entrance examinations for admissions to its M.S.(Pharm)/M.Tech/M.Pharm., MBA(Pharm.) and PhD programs. Candidates interested in MBA (Pharmaceutical Management) and the doctoral programs have to also appear for personal interview. The candidates are required to qualify Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT).
Seats for admission to P.G. Courses, Ph.D in NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar:
Since 2010, NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar, has increased seats for admission to postgraduate courses and Ph.D. programme. 232 students completed M.S. (Pharm., M. Pharm. and M.Tech.(Pharm.) and 52 M.B.A. (Pharm.) students graduated from the Institute.
Address: Sector 67, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar,
Phone: +91-172-2214682-87, Fax: +91-172-2214692